The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

IMG_5720.jpeg

Eye-watering prices

New-build apartments command a premium for the same reason that a 2024 Honda Civic costs more than a used 2010 Civic. Not to mention that these units are in the heart of the city and also include utilities and internet.

I'd also argue that the prices for most 1 and 2 bedroom units are admittedly pricy but perfectly attainable for an average young working couple who are sharing costs.

For instance, my partner and I are in our late 20's / early 30's and we make approximately $140k a year combined. We're solidly middle class and If we were splitting costs and each paying ~$1,300 a month for a unit here we would be spending less than 25% of our annual income on housing which is very reasonable.

Last edited:
New-build apartments command a premium for the same reason that a 2024 Honda Civic costs more than a used 2010 Civic. Not to mention that these units are in the heart of the city and also include utilities and internet.

I'd also argue that the prices for most 1 and 2 bedroom units are admittedly pricy but perfectly attainable for an average young working couple who are sharing costs.

For instance, my partner and I are in our late 20's / early 30's and we make approximately $140k a year combined. We're solidly middle class and If we were splitting costs and each paying ~$1,300 a month for a unit here we would be spending less than 25% of our annual income on housing which is very reasonable.

Interesting take. As a pure free market proponent, I'm good with the Lessor getting whatever price they can, and absolutely more power to them! As a dad, teaching my newly independent kids fiscal responsibility, I still saying eye-watering :)

The Portland Subreddit would maintain that you either don't exist or are preternaturally evil.

Back