Tallest building in town, can you name the city?

I either stumped you all or pissed you all off, I guess. The hint, where I said the taller buildings were "hotels, or at least signed as such" was, I thought, a big one. This is City Hall West, in Anaheim, California, the tallest building in downtown. One of the taller buildings in town but OUTSIDE downtown is signed as "The Hollywood Tower Hotel," but is perhaps better known as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, at Disneyland.
I got your hint, but unfortunately didn't see it in time. Well played with the Tower of Terror!

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 2.59.35 PM.jpeg

This classic 14 story building is the tallest in a city that once had a population of 54K and only has 4 letters in its name which most kids would find disgusting!

Last edited:
This classic 14 story building is the tallest in this city that had a peak population of 54K back in the day and only has 4 letters in its name which most kids find disgusting!
"Four letters" did it for me. Chase Tower in Lima, Ohio. So that's what I missed on Glee.

That was the quickest correct guess ever Mark and I was hoping that Enid or York might be a distraction.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 3.24.06 PM 2.png

Let's throw in a couple of 29 story towers in a city that is the birthplace of a famous comedian. Too easy but this place never gets any love for being as large as it is! (Richard Pryor)

Last edited:
Correct and did you pick up on the Monopoly clue?

Didn't need the clue. I just happen to have a mild interest in Pennsylvania cities and that's one that's on my list to visit. I did pick up on the clue after but my initial instinct of Reading was correct.

Pennsylvania and West Virginia cities for the most part are much bigger than their actual populations due to very small city limits compared to the rest of the country. Make sure you check out Lancaster (lived there two different times growing up), Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Allentown and Harrisburg when you visit the area.

The Scranton-Wilkes Barre area has the closest Waffle Houses to Maine, so that's something. (And I'm not being sarcastic, I really like Waffle House when I happen to be down south.)

Pennsylvania and West Virginia cities for the most part are much bigger than their actual populations due to very small city limits compared to the rest of the country. Make sure you check out Lancaster (lived there two different times growing up), Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Allentown and Harrisburg when you visit the area.

I spent a night in both Scranton and Harrisburg back in 2019, also going through Wilkes Barre and Allentown for brief stops just to see them. Walked around both Scranton and Harrisburg again on my way back from Virginia this fall. Philadelphia is basically my favorite city to walk around that isn't Boston. I have also been to Pittsburgh 5 times and that's a gem in the west. Lancaster, Reading, and York are on my list to see one day. There's lots of great amusement parks around there and I'm back into roller coasters after a hiatus, so I could probably pair those things together somehow.

620bae2300ba0.image.jpg

This very skinny condo building recently completed in 2022 is the tallest non governmental building in this state capitol and the tallest built since 1970.

Lincoln, NE. I was actually looking at this building the other day on Google Earth and found the slender design interesting. Great choice Stlin. (y)

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 2.08.45 PM 2.png

This once sleepy military town had a population of only 17K in 1940 with little to brag about but has grown to over 200K due to annexation.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 9.28.08 AM.jpeg

This 12 story office building is still the tallest in the city and was the tallest in the state upon its completion in 1905. This city was also the first state capital and the largest city until 1920!

I would have never guessed the Lincoln, NE one. I lived there for six years while in college. ........although that was a FEW years ago. LOL

Back