Tallest building in town, can you name the city?

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.44.53 PM.jpeg

Tallest commercial building and located in the state's biggest city.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.59.10 PM.jpeg

Quite possibly the skinniest 13 story commercial tower in the country and its home is a growing river city of around 40,000 located west of the Mississippi. Googling 310 Broadway will not help! :)

Googling 310 Broadway will not help! :)

Wrong!!!
Hirsch Tower, Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

I also tried "Broadway Innovation Shops Public Art" as well as "Top Marq" and did find Cape Girardeau on the second one, but no proof of the tower until I plugged in the address.

That was a diversionary tactic hoping no one would google it. Difficult building to capture due to the abundance of clues on the street.

So this, strictly speaking, is not the tallest building in town (the actual tallest is a resort hotel), but it is the tallest building in the downtown of a Very Large Suburb.

1708476061318.jpeg

In the words of George Constanza, "we're taking it up a notch!" :) Suburb or satellite cities are not in my wheel house but I'm guessing the location is outside of LA, San Fransisco, Sacramento or San Diego due to the palm trees and what looks like a California state flag.

Last edited:
The Brunswick Square Tower is the tallest building in this city and the second tallest in its province

1708520173820.png

Saint John, NB with Moncton actually having the tallest with Assumption Place which is not the most attractive tower.

Saint John, NB with Moncton actually having the tallest with Assumption Place which is not the most attractive tower.
I was about to guess the other way around! (I noticed what looks like the NB flag in the photo.)

In the words of George Constanza, "we're taking it up a notch!" :) Suburb or satellite cities are not in my wheel house but I'm guessing the location is outside of LA, San Fransisco, Sacramento or San Diego due to the palm trees and what looks like a California state flag.
This is accurate.

This is accurate.
Here's a hint:
Most of the buildings outside the downtown of this city that are taller than this one are hotels, or at least signed as such.

So this, strictly speaking, is not the tallest building in town (the actual tallest is a resort hotel), but it is the tallest building in the downtown of a Very Large Suburb.

View attachment 47814
I either stumped you all or pissed you all off, I guess. The hint, where I said the taller buildings were "hotels, or at least signed as such" was, I thought, a big one. This is City Hall West, in Anaheim, California, the tallest building in downtown. One of the taller buildings in town but OUTSIDE downtown is signed as "The Hollywood Tower Hotel," but is perhaps better known as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, at Disneyland.

I actually gave up because there was not a cash prize offer on the table for all of the mind numbing research that would be required to find this needle in a haystack! Good one Mark. :)

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 8.37.48 AM 2.png

This 275' art deco inspired tower is located in a city of less than 100K where one of it's claims to fame comes from a well known board game.

Last edited:

Back