Portland International Jetport | PWM

We just flew to Orlando for our vacation via Southwest. Our flight from Portland to BWI was 100% full. Our 2nd flight from BWI to MCO was only about 70% full. Coming back, our flight from MCO top BWI wasn't even half full, maybe 40%. Emptiest plane I've been on in years. But, BWI to PWM was 100% full.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.08.31 AM 2.png

Is seasonal Southwest service to Nashville still an option? Whoever updates the airport information on Wikipedia is normally reliable and surprisingly accurate.

Is seasonal Southwest service to Nashville still an option? Whoever updates the airport information on Wikipedia is normally reliable and surprisingly accurate.
It will be Saturday-only for the summer I believe. WN is opening at crew base at BNA this year so hopefully in the future there will be more frequency.

Last edited:
The jetport expects a 17% bump in available seats for summer '24

Plus a statement from a Breeze company spokesperson:

Breeze is tapping Portland for outbound passengers year round as well, company spokesman Gareth Edmondson-Jones said.

"Portland is one of those rare places that is a really strong draw in the summer and a really strong origin in the winter,” Edmondson-Jones said.
Breeze now offers 10 destinations from Portland, after starting last spring with flights to Tampa, Florida; Charleston, South Carolina; Norfolk, Virginia,; and Pittsburgh, he said, and more likely will be added soon.

IMG_5438.jpeg
IMG_5439.jpeg

A few shots of SNA (John Wayne International) where I survived the landing on its notorious 5700' runway in a fully loaded 757. It was reminiscent of some of my tail hook landings on Navy aircraft carriers! Easy terminal to navigate and a pleasant change of pace from hectic LAX which my return flight originated from.

Back