archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > General

General Misc. topics.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:45 AM   #4381
Jouhou

Re: Open Thread

So I originally posted this in the hq2 thread but realized how far off topic it was so I'll put it here instead:

I'm not into sportsball at all but if Vikings fans are too polite to get even with the eagles fans at the superbowl, I hope the patriots fans get good and drunk and buy Boston cream donuts in large quantities to fling at eagles fans. Like, reading about what the eagles fans did disgusts me. Somebody needs to be mean (but not outright violent) back.
Jouhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #4382
Justin7

^ Kinda wish someone would fling large quantities of Boston Cream donuts at me. A super bowl food fight would be pretty awesome until someone got murdered.
"You cannot take in a whole Boston street with a single glance of the eye and then lose your interest because you have thus taken the edge off future discovery; on the contrary, every step reveals some portion of a building which you could not see before, some change in your vista, and some suggestion of pleasant variety yet to come, which not only keeps your interest alive but heightens it and persuades you to go on."
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #4383
bobthebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouhou View Post
So I originally posted this in the hq2 thread but realized how far off topic it was so I'll put it here instead:

I'm not into sportsball at all but if Vikings fans are too polite to get even with the eagles fans at the superbowl, I hope the patriots fans get good and drunk and buy Boston cream donuts in large quantities to fling at eagles fans. Like, reading about what the eagles fans did disgusts me. Somebody needs to be mean (but not outright violent) back.
An eye for an eye makes everything alright. That's how the saying goes, right?
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #4384
Jouhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
An eye for an eye makes everything alright. That's how the saying goes, right?
Naw, Boston cream donuts won't hurt nearly as much as unopened beer cans.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #4385
tobyjug

Those Eagles clowns can throw unopened beer cans at me any day. Unlike the Minnesota rubes, I know how to catch them and have enough arm to return the empties to sender.
tobyjug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #4386
bolehboleh

One thing that bothers me is when people complain that Boston isn't world class because the trains close at 1230 or 1.

I live in Kuala Lumpur and I left a friends party to run to catch a train home and I missed the last one for the night. It was 1145 pm
bolehboleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:12 AM   #4387
Jouhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
One thing that bothers me is when people complain that Boston isn't world class because the trains close at 1230 or 1.

I live in Kuala Lumpur and I left a friends party to run to catch a train home and I missed the last one for the night. It was 1145 pm
As a night owl, Kuala Lumpur just got knocked down a few spots on my places to visit list knowing that.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #4388
bakgwailo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post

Especially since 24 hour train service is extremely rare in the world - NYC has it, London is just starting to do it. Chicago partially and I think Copenhagen has full 24/7 service?
bakgwailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #4389
bolehboleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouhou View Post
As a night owl, Kuala Lumpur just got knocked down a few spots on my places to visit list knowing that.
There are plenty of things to do in Kuala Lumpur late at night. Bars and clubs in the city close anywhere between 2 and 5, depending on the jurisdiction, and you'll find more 24 food stalls and eateries than you can count.

In my suburb, bars close at 2am but I can think of at least one that has a "shut in" until the wee hours. Across the street from my condo, there are at least 2 24 hour food stalls.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #4390
tobyjug

KL didn't make this list: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...tops-list.html

Maybe the early hours hurt Boston? Maybe not, Edinburgh closes shop earlier.
tobyjug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #4391
statler

I liked this.

Quote:
That night at Foleyís was the farewell party. And it stands as a quintessential Bostonian moment for me: cool night, warm bar, smart people, deep history, and a hostility dispensed with the sort of casual ease most people reserve for bland pleasantries at the doughnut shop.
Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beholder: An Expatís Love Letter to New England
statler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #4392
bolehboleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyjug View Post
KL didn't make this list: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...tops-list.html

Maybe the early hours hurt Boston? Maybe not, Edinburgh closes shop earlier.
Kuala Lumpur is a cool city and it's developing at lightning speed. It may be more of a 24 hour city than Boston, but I still prefer Boston.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #4393
odurandina

Nunes Memo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXF...7p3-ZxVOL/view
odurandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:46 PM   #4394
KentXie

Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
Just a made up excuse so that Trump can fire Mueller and Rosenstein. Funny how conservatives view law enforcement as trustworthy and always right but then can't trust the FBI.
KentXie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 AM   #4395
odurandina

Trump isn't guilty just because the people that hate him want it to be; and therefore it just has to be so. You have been fed a load of bull from his political enemies. Of course, you might be proven right.

Or it's possible the high courts will rule on of a lot of stuff..... Then you might be quite very unpleasantly surprised by who's version of reality wins.

The GOP came down hard on Dick Nixon because there was clear evidence of high crimes. The GOP is fully capable of letting justice take it's proper course, when a crime or crimes have been committed. In 1972, it was all quite clear.

i have listened to both sides; hundreds of hours of Schiff, Trump hating CNN, MSDNC, & NPR vs Levin, Napolitano, Dershowitz, etc.... and hearing them tell their versions of reality from a to z. It's possible Trump is guilty of some petty crimes, or even some serious stuff. i very much tend to doubt it.

Whether or not the process that bring us to that safe conclusion (about ANYTHING) WAS LEGAL is a whole other matter.

i don't believe i'm out on a limb to say you might be very surprised when a bunch of Trump hating holdovers from the Obama Admin end up in jail, including Comey, Lynch, McCabe, Rosenstein (the only rat in the DOJ still with a job, in any significant position of power; & btw, not for long), Yates, Strzok, Orr, Page and many others are finally exposed as criminals.

i could be wrong. But if i was a betting man, i'd take the safe bet that very serious charges are coming ....and when all is adjudicated, when all the courts have had their say, you might see a lot of your so called upstanding law heroes singing their sob stories all lawyerer up, taking the 5th, and sent to jail.......

Or they just might walk. A lot might come down to how much document shredding at the FBI and DOJ occurred since the days that Trump was elected and in the days after Comey was fired. hahahaha.

i'll make a friendly bet that when it all comes out, if polled, the constitutional lawyers will say overwhelmingly, Trump was right (with a safe zone in the hundreds of parsecs to spare) to fire Comey.....

Of course, you might take a bit more convincing that he needs to be led out of his home in handcuffs. It might take 3 or 4 years. Be patient. Maybe the document trail to the guilty still exists.

You won't like what this former Deputy FBI Director has to say about all of this;

There must be a very good reason the FBI brass, liberal Media and Dems are screaming about any of this being exposed. Because, by bringing it all into the light; because by doing so their agenda to destroy Trump; to FRAME HIM for crimes that never took place will be exposed.

There never even should have been a Special Council.

Last edited by odurandina; 02-03-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #4396
KentXie

Never said Trump is guilty. That's why the special investigation exist, to determine if he is or not. It's blatantly clear that Trump can't just end the investigation by firing Mueller and Rosenstein because then that's obviously obstruction of Justice so he is having Nunes create these excuses that gives him cover to fire them. This is as corrupt as the Chinese government making up evidence to get rid of disloyal party members and rivals. But that's where we are and that's where the country is heading. The current administration is no better than the Communist Party in China and is starting to resemble more on more like the early stages of the Third Reich.
KentXie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #4397
odurandina

You need to get better info on both sides of the story. Nunes is no different than any other politician. He's not going to stick his neck out on the Titanic to save anybody. Except he knows some things we don't. Things the FBI, Dem's and media sycophants don't want to ever see the light of day.

The evidence that Comey and the upper brass at the FBI were/are very dirty cops is very strong. It may one day seen by a majority of Americans to be overwhelming. So far the media has done a fine cover job to see that that doesn't happen.

In just the past few days, Rosenstein openly threatened the Congressional Oversight people that he would do "very bad things" them if they carried out the jobs they are constitutionally empowered to do.

Something is afoot. Stay tuned.

Personally, i hope it begins with the FISC Judges walking back those warrants; something they are Constitutionally empowered to do.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #4398
Justin7

"You cannot take in a whole Boston street with a single glance of the eye and then lose your interest because you have thus taken the edge off future discovery; on the contrary, every step reveals some portion of a building which you could not see before, some change in your vista, and some suggestion of pleasant variety yet to come, which not only keeps your interest alive but heightens it and persuades you to go on."
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #4399
TheRifleman

Not sure if this story has merit. But there needs to be an investigation on the FBI. Forget the memo.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/s...assar-fbi.html

The FBI new about the accusations for years concerning Nassar? They couldnít warn USA gymnastics to change their policies about women being alone with doctors until they investigated nassar.

All these govt agencies should be audited and investigated at this point.
The one thing Iím not happy with trump is start cutting govt spending and slash these corrupt agencies into the ground.
Our federal govt is the #1 employer to our free country and they are getting lifetime pensions and healthcare,- and they are exempt from Obamacare.

I actually think the current democrats in office are disasters. I donít even think they know what they stand for anymore. Pelosi, Schumer, warren, even Bernie Sanders looks like moron sticking by this group. Like a group of puppetsó

The best is the illegal aliens in our country. Obama granted them amnesty only to follow the process of being an American. Now they want us to feel bad about the crackdown on illegals running around our country for not following the process to becoming an American and being registered in our system.

How can people think itís okay to have unregistered people running around our country

Last edited by TheRifleman; 02-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.
TheRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #4400
kmp1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
How can people think itís okay to have unregistered people running around our country
I'd take ten of them every one of your type.
kmp1284 is offline   Reply With Quote