archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Design a Better Boston

Design a Better Boston Are you disappointed with the state of Boston's current architecture/development? Think you have a better idea? Post it here.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
tysmith95

Alternative Development Proposals

I believe that instead of fantasizing about taller developments in individual threads we should have a separate thread with proposals that should be improved. I love seeing what developments would look like if they were taller. However constantly talking about them in the threads upsets many members and probably makes the ArchBoston experience less interesting for guests.

Stick's proposal for the Hook Lobster development

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
Lately I've been enjoying making lots of renders so I whipped up what a 600 footer would look like at this site so we can see what the visual impact of that would be on the skyline.

Odura's proposal for 2 Charlesgate West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
i raised her from ~370' to 415'

Last edited by tysmith95; 09-19-2016 at 03:17 PM.
tysmith95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
West

Re: Alternative Development Proposals

I'd be in favor of this and appreciate the suggestion. I also like seeing the "what-if" renderings, but as was noted on another thread, there have been a lot of threads that have devolved into "I want higher and will whine incessantly if I don't get it" along with "the developer ought to stomp off and pout just like me if he doesn't get what he wants!". Gets tiresome. If all that stuff plus the what-if renders were in one place, I could look at the renders and scroll past the complaining, or just skip the thread entirely. And perhaps not so many regular discussions would devolve into this constant complaining. And I say this as someone who thinks the Boston metro area generally does need to go vertical in many many places.
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
datadyne007

Thank you for starting this.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
tysmith95

These FAA height limits are negotiable with the right political capital. Kendall is the perfect spot for a supertall.
tysmith95 is offline   Reply With Quote