archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

View Poll Results: Should this project keep it's own thread?
Own Thread Results hidden until poll closes 0%
Merge it with the Feway Area Thread Results hidden until poll closes 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #1261
FenwayResident

Re: Fenway Area Redevelopment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
As for this, respectfully I disagree completely. It isn't the job of a school to fit in, but rather to stand out as a temple to civic virtue. There is plenty of good street level retail around Fenway Park, though admittedly not so much on Van Ness and Ipswich streets.
If the proposal were something noteworthy (e.g. BPL in Back Bay, Harvard Yard) then I would agree, let the building stand on its own. But IMO, as it stands right now, it's a slightly-better-than-average redesign that won't be a temple to anyone but those who study there. Might as well get some benefit for the neighborhood out of it.
FenwayResident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #1262
kingofsheeba

Didn't know where to put this. But Sam Adams is now the "Official Beer" of Fenway Park. That means that the Bud sign in the RF Roof Deck comes down and a new Sam Adams neon sign goes in its place in 2018!

http://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-r...-beer/14413934
Quote:
The Boston Red Sox and The Boston Beer company on Tuesday announced a new, multi-year partnership. In addition to carrying Samuel Adams beers throughout the park, the deal also includes signage throughout the park and naming rights for two bar areas.
Advertisement

The right field roof deck will be renamed the "Sam Deck," and a bar beneath the third base stands will be known as "Sammy's On Third."

The agreement is a first for the Boston-based craft beer company, which said it has never had a professional team partnership of this scale.

"We got our start right here in Boston, and for the past three decades we’ve worked our butts off to stay independent and brew great beer," said founder Jim Koch in a statement provided by his company. "As the official beer of the Red Sox, we get to celebrate our New England roots with millions of other fans as soon as the season kicks off."
Sam has faced declining sales in recent years thanks to the advent of other local micro/macro brews such as Harpoon, Wachusett, Cisco, Jack's Abby, etc etc (much better tasting brews IMHO). They can't call themselves a micro brew anymore. They do seem like they're giving up on that and trying to position themselves as the next shitty domestic powerhouse (a la Bud, Miller, Coors).

Anyone remember when Narragansett was the official beer of the Sox? That would've been a slam dunk. 'Gansett Deck would've been a (pun intended) a home run. But good luck to the Boston Beer Co.
kingofsheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #1263
Brad Plaid

Will John Henry start whining about how tall the Academy proposal is and how it will devastate the character of FP? Aw, poor baby.
Brad Plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #1264
JumboBuc

Globe: State OKs $125m project to replace Boston Arts Academy building

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Vaznis GLOBE STAFF
The Massachusetts School Building Authority unanimously approved Wednesday a $125 million project — years in the making — to replace the Boston Arts Academy building in the Fenway.

The state agency will cover $49 million of the project’s costs, according to a copy of the agency’s recommendation to its board, while the city will pay for the rest of it.

[...]
JumboBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #1265
palindrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron37 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...1dKEhCeA%3D%3D

An affiliate of OTO Development LLC, a South Carolina-based hotel development company, has proposed an eight-story, 184-room hotel at 1241 Boylston St. in Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.

Bldup has renders posted:
https://www.bldup.com/projects/1241-boylston-street
palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #1266
JumboBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
I think it's time for this thing to have its own thread.

I've started one here.
JumboBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #1267
stick n move

When I click the render link I get a warning on my iPhone that this site is trying to impersonate something n steal my information...weird.

Never seen that before or since.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #1268
FenwayResident

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
When I click the render link I get a warning on my iPhone that this site is trying to impersonate something n steal my information...weird.

Never seen that before or since.
Yeah I got the same warning on my desktop. I just went directly to website instead of following the link.
FenwayResident is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boylston st., fenway