archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Transit and Infrastructure

Transit and Infrastructure All things T or civilly engineered within Boston Metro.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #3001
RandomWalk

Re: Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

They are building up a temporary stabilized earth berm to support the drilling rig installing the noise wall foundations.
RandomWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #3002
F-Line to Dudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanshnookenraggen View Post
I need to check what I've added. The problem is I don't have exact locations for switches and I'm not 100% on what they are doing with the new yard. If anyone can get me that info I'll add it to the map.
Pretty sure they've had track layouts final for quite some time, so it's probably in the docs archive of the project site.

No such luck with the carhouse. Funding for that dragging on so long, it ended up being downsized, and it'll be the very last thing constructed because it's not a prerequisite for service starts. There aren't publicly available schematics of all the revisions they're doing because it's lower-priority project deliverables. All we really know is acreage: the 2 buildings south of 3rd Ave. bordering the tracks are going to get blown up, and 2 of the 4 thru tracks wrapping behind BET (plus one freight siding attached to one of the buildings) are going away.
F-Line to Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #3003
GP40MC

I believe three tracks will remain between BET and the GLX Car house: CR east, westbounds and the 4th Iron. The Willey Track and the portion of the 3rd Iron which went to MS Walker are retired.

The original designs took no pity or had a clue on commuter operations, eliminated all but one through track.
GP40MC is offline   Reply With Quote