archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > Board Issues and Announcements

Board Issues and Announcements Member feedback, board announcements, and any tech issues. Please check regularly.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #101
BarbaricManchurian

Re: New Forum Discussion

Anyway one important thing I would like to see added is a like button (no dislikes). Then people can feel rewarded for quality posts/pics. It really made a difference on SSC I feel, and since the scale is small enough to know every forumer well, there won't be tyranny of the majority. Plenty of divergent views being intelligently debated on SSC, and the likes definitely promote effort. Do we have a timeframe on when we are moving to Xenforo and can start thinking about features like this?
BarbaricManchurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:39 PM   #102
datadyne007

We may not be moving to Xenforo immediately now that Statler has some additional control of the site and a group of us veterans are working together on establishing a plan forward behind the scenes with Briv & Statler. Lots of moving parts now.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #103
BarbaricManchurian

Awesome! Well just letting you know there are extensions for vBulletin, but I'm sure you already knew that.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #104
FK4

Any update on what's going on with all of this? I know briv is back but there are a lot of issues with the site that I think we did a good job raising... I imagine there's behind the scenes discussion but I think many of us here would appreciate an update. Perhaps we need yet another new thread if we are in fact staying, but expecting some significant changes to the forum.
FK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #105
datadyne007

Justin, Beton and I are in contact. We're just waiting for Statler to come back on and give us his email so we can get him in the email chain and get things moving.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #106
FK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by datadyne007 View Post
Justin, Beton and I are in contact. We're just waiting for Statler to come back on and give us his email so we can get him in the email chain and get things moving.
Cool. Thx.
FK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #107
briv
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to briv

Quote:
Originally Posted by datadyne007 View Post

What's the plan here? I thought people were going to step up and essentially start administering and maintaining the forum. I'm perfectly willing to hand the forum over to let that happen. What's with the secret email chain?
briv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #108
Beton Brut

Hi Briv - So far as I can say, there’s no secret email chain. Indeed, everything I’ve had to say about the “improve or move” conversation has been posted here, or PM’d to you. To date, there’s been no dialog beyond Data’s suggestion to exchange email addresses to facilitate a collaborative discussion among those of us who’d like to help move the forum forward (the PM functionality here isn’t the best vehicle for something like this). I’d be really pleased to have you part of planning and action. To that end, inbox Data the best way to reach you “off site.” Peace!

~ Justin7
Beton Brut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 AM   #109
Justin7

Quote:
Originally Posted by briv View Post
What's the plan here? I thought people were going to step up and essentially start administering and maintaining the forum. I'm perfectly willing to hand the forum over to let that happen. What's with the secret email chain?
Briv, in case you missed this in the PM discussion:

Is your 1&1 account solely used for archBoston? Would you be comfortable sharing that login info? If you're able to hand that out it would probably be the easiest way to move forward.
"You cannot take in a whole Boston street with a single glance of the eye and then lose your interest because you have thus taken the edge off future discovery; on the contrary, every step reveals some portion of a building which you could not see before, some change in your vista, and some suggestion of pleasant variety yet to come, which not only keeps your interest alive but heightens it and persuades you to go on."
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #110
BarbaricManchurian

So we haven't even done anything yet? Lmao.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #111
TheMagicMan

Quote:
It's a very sad day to see our creator leave us.

Briv where is the golden eggs for control of the site? READY PLAYER ONE
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #112
datadyne007

Quote:
You gave the rights to Statler and now the rest of us can't get a hold of Statler after we made some initial contact. Until we can all get together in a group email, we're stuck using the awful vBulletin 3.7 PM system. We were also planning a meet up to discuss.