archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Transit and Infrastructure

Transit and Infrastructure All things T or civilly engineered within Boston Metro.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #1201
Beton Brut

Re: Silver Line to Chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by datadyne007 View Post
Nope.
Well that's just fucking perfect.

Without tipping your hand regarding your source, was the piss-poor engineering done by MassDOT or a consultancy? And was this ever reported in the press (I don't recall seeing it)?

If the design work were done privately, wouldn't a lawsuit be in order?

~ Justin7
Beton Brut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #1202
djohnstonb

What about an aerial gondola from Chelsea to the Seaport? /s
djohnstonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #1203
Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybah View Post
I know i've asked this before, but I want to re-ask the question again, because Adam kept asking me this question, and outside already discussed issues, I was out of ideas.

Outside of a Tunnel or a bridge being built for the SL over the Chelsea Creek, what are YOUR recommendations to mitigate the bridge issue?
Somebody at ArchBoston must have a better answer than I did, yes? I'm glad I tried addressing it as an information problem (nail the up/down times to power predictive re-routes, instead of reactive). Consider that the organization-and-signals phase

Here are some right of way items:

EASTERN RUN-AROUND
- Bus Lanes on 1A (also for use by the 424,434,450,448,449, & 459) (mentioned by others, above)
- bus-and-bike the old RR shoreline grade
- Add a new SL that goes out 1A bus lanes and taps off riders in Revere and Everett where the 110, 111, 116, 117, and 119 start in Revere or Woodlawn (in Everett)

WESTERN RUN-AROUND
- Use Condor St in East Boston for a better Western Runaround (consolidate parking on the south side of the street, where the residences are). Give Condor St a bus-and-bike lane on its north side.

- Or make other east Boston streets (those currently served by buses, so the neighbors are helped) easier for run-around: Lexington St (where the 121 runs) or Bennington St (where the 120 runs)

RUNAROUND PRIORITY
Transit Signal Priority on both run-arounds, to access and cross the alternative bridges. To be shared with the many 11x and 4xx buses that go those ways.'
Also put TSP on MA-107 so that the SL can come back in that way (helps the 116, 117 too)

Last edited by Arlington; 07-03-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Arlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #1204
Charlie_mta

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnstonb View Post
What about an aerial gondola from Chelsea to the Seaport? /s
Logan airspace may preclude that,
Charlie_mta is offline   Reply With Quote