archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Outside Of Boston Metro > General Architecture & Urban Planning

General Architecture & Urban Planning All things architectural or urban in general, or withinin cities outside of Boston & Greater New England.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #1
Charlie_mta

"The Plan" architectural magazine

I'm sure most of you have seen this one, but The Plan magazine is something I just found at a bookstore, I had never heard of it, and I immediately was blown away by it. Their website is https://www.theplan.it/eng.

I purchased the 10/2018 hardcopy edition shown here: . Beautiful!

Last edited by Charlie_mta; 02-16-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Charlie_mta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
Beton Brut

Re: "The Plan" architectural magazine

I’ll have to look into that, Charlie - thanks for the tip.

The photographer appears to be a fan of Julius Shulman and John Lautner.

~ Justin7
Beton Brut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
Charlie_mta

Re: "The Plan" architectural magazine

It's chock full of very, sleek, modern architecture, some brutalism, some mid-century influence. Also a lot of great city planning articles. The graphics throughout are superb. It's based in Italy and has an international bent.

I look at the buildings in there, and am immediately disappointed at much of the newer stuff going up here, such as NorthPoint and, to a lesser extent, the Seaport district. It seems bland and generic by comparison.
Charlie_mta is offline   Reply With Quote