archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > General

General Misc. topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #41
bostonbred

Re: Aquarium Parking Garage Redevelopment | Waterfront | Downtown

IAM thinkin WEeD a GOOD thin. IF. LEGALS and TAXI it. youse $$$to PA Y for PARKES. And weeds garden. SO
Old 08-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #42
Arch21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
Only a MORON would resurrent a thread with nothing to add, and then get defensive when called out about it. Next time, if you're going to be a contrarian, try posting something that isn't worthless for the rest of us.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before pissing everybody off. Somehow I doubt it. I'm glad we had this discussion, aren't you?
If this doesn't entice people to want to join archboston I don't know what will.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #43
KentXie

Someone resurrects a dormant thread with nothing to contribute and boom a cluster fuck happens. What did we learn today boys and girls? At least he didn't ask if there were any new news.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #44
bostonbred

LErndWEeD is PiSSA
Old 10-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #45
KentXie

Re: Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeman312 View Post
I love that this stretches the skyscraper skyline further southwest. For years/decades, it seemed as if skyscrapers would never go beyond the Pru. That was the bookend. As far west/southwest as possible.

Now, we will have a skyscraper right up against Mass Ave. This is completely game-changing. Just a couple years ago, it would seem ridiculous for a skyscraper to sprout in the Fenway neighborhood. For example, if a 500 footer was now proposed for the parking lot on St. Botolph across from Matthew's Arena, it wouldn't be immediately dismissed. That's the transformative effect of this building.
I think this is the transformative effect of having Marty Walsh as mayor and not Developer Mob Boss Menino.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #46
Reznor

To be fair, these projects were in motion/approval process during Menino's final couple years. Marty is surely more pro-development though.

But the mob boss moniker could apply to M.Walsh too. After all, Walsh has a career as union representative/mob boss.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #47
Scott

Seriously? If being in a trade union or being a rep is the criteria for being a "mob boss" then apparently the United States is overrun with millions of mob bosses. Marty Walsh and Tom Menino have/ were never convicted of anything that would indicate they were "mob bosses." Accusing people without evidence is never a good thing.

If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact) does that mean that every Republican is a Klan member or worse a Grand Wizard? Am I naive to think that this country is not, in fact, overrun with mob bosses and Klan members?

Last edited by Scott; 10-16-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #48
Equilibria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Seriously? If being in a trade union or being a rep is the criteria for being a "mob boss" then apparently the United States is overrun with millions of mob bosses. Marty Walsh and Tom Menino have/ where never convicted of anything that would indicate they were "mob bosses." Accusing people without evidence is never a good thing.

If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact) does that mean that every Republican is a Klan member or worse a Grand Wizard? Am I naive to think that this country is not, in fact, overrun with mob bosses and Klan members?
... um, he was referring to Menino as being a "mob boss" in his dealings with developers, which is a comparison that bears some water. I didn't see a reference to unions in there...
Old 10-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #49
Scott

um... both Menino AND Walsh were mentioned in the post before mine and I quote: "After all, Walsh has a career as union representative/mob boss."

Just sayin...
Old 10-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #50
eswwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact)
I'm going to challenge you to back that statement up with facts, a quick check indicates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members, which doesn't even come close to "often", so it is not a "fact". One of the reasons I like this site (other than the obvious) is that it is very largely apolitical and I'd like it to stay that way.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #51
FenwayResident

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswwaa View Post
I'm going to challenge you to back that statement up with facts, a quick check indicates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members, which doesn't even come close to "often", so it is not a "fact". One of the reasons I like this site (other than the obvious) is that it is very largely apolitical and I'd like it to stay that way.
He probably meant to argue the converse, which is that almost all KKK members are Republicans. I'd be willing to believe that but have no facts to back it up.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #52
TheRifleman
banished

Re: Rose Kennedy Greenway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Statler closed the aquarium parking garage redevelopment thread because of our endless bitching, but let's just bitch on here. Yes I agree that the parking garage should be replaced but that's already been discussed endlessly over the past 6 months.
The problem is the Harbor Garage is a key ingredient to the success of the Greenway for overall PUBLIC.

And I don't like how the corrupt Commonwealth/BRA and our Ex-Mayor have handled this development. It seems we have a bunch of Hypocrites running the development process which picks & chooses our developments which affect every aspect of a development in the city of Boston which also affects the PUBLIC on the architecture, traffic, taxpayers money being diverted to certain groups but not others.

Not sure why would you ever make that choice to shutdown a thread concerning a key development location that generates so much discussion for the board.

I hope this developer sticks it to them. I would sign 99 year leases for the garage at this point and fuck the city & the state.

Bottom line the GREENWAY is running on the taxpayers dime and is running out of state funds.
The Greenway conversancy was a scam right from the start. Did not build one fucking thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
there is Downtown Waterfront Planning meeting tomorrow at 6:00 pm, Piemonte Room, 5th Floor... if nothing more; when the moment presents, we can show support for the Harbor Garage project. i've become convinced that neither the city nor the state is serious about ANY FEASIBLE Harbor Garage redevelopment plan that will ever be offered by the Chiofaro Co/Pru ever becoming a reality.

this is this. local and state government often doing the least amount of work possible for the public good and cowering to bullies in the face of controversy.
+1,000,000

Stellarfun still can't answer my question:
If Chap 91 existed in the first place 100 years ago: How did Harbor Garage get built in the first place?
--And why should Chiofaro/Pru be allowed to build whatever they want on this site?---- because they are fixing the mistake the Commonwealth/BRA ignored Chap 91 in the first place. The Commonwealth/BRA allowed a concrete barrier to be built on the waterfront.

Make a better Greenway for the Public. I want to see something built before I -------RIP.
Closed Thread