archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:37 AM   #3381
stick n move

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbrat View Post
i think MP said somewhere along the way that the final design was going to differ from the most recent renders. i guess im hoping that, with the change in height and the already on-the-table intention to tweak the design, they'll manage to do something to put this tower on a diet. last thing we need is another one federal or one beacon in terms of proportions.
They did. It was in the video posted on here where the developers spoke with the community. The man in charge of the slideshow and taking questions said that the design the public has seen is not the final iteration of the tower and was essentially a mock up that was pretty close to the final design.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #3382
Smartiro

I wouldn't hold my breath for this tower to get slimmer. If anything they'll likely to go in the opposite direction trying to compensate for the lost height/revenue.
Smartiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #3383
JeffDowntown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartiro View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for this tower to get slimmer. If anything they'll likely to go in the opposite direction trying to compensate for the lost height/revenue.
I tend to agree. As long as Millennium is building the tower on spec , economics are going to tend toward fatter not more slender.

The only way we might see a more slender, iconic tower is if Millennium lands a corporate HQ anchor tenant who wants naming rights, and is willing to pay a premium for a more iconic building. And that has to happen really quickly to have any impact on the design!
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #3384
Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDowntown View Post
I tend to agree. As long as Millennium is building the tower on spec , economics are going to tend toward fatter not more slender.

The only way we might see a more slender, iconic tower is if Millennium lands a corporate HQ anchor tenant who wants naming rights, and is willing to pay a premium for a more iconic building. And that has to happen really quickly to have any impact on the design!
Like Amazon HQ2!