archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #1
goldenretrievers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 679
Complete 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point





goldenretrievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
mdd
Senior Member
 
mdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 686
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

I just walked by during lunch and noticed that they have put up fencing around the entire parking lot. Looks like we may finally be getting movement here.
mdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
cca
Senior Member
 
cca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,326
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Sooner the better. I love this project.

cca
cca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Czervik.Construction
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,058
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Fantastic. Looks something I have seen is the nice parts of London.
Czervik.Construction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
cjbski
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 670
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Parking lot had been closed for awhile with fencing and no progress. Walked by today and they've now put jersey barriers in the road for a temporary sidewalk. Pavement of the old lot being dug up. Police detail. We're finally under way!
cjbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
whighlander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 6,519
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbski View Post
Parking lot had been closed for awhile with fencing and no progress. Walked by today and they've now put jersey barriers in the road for a temporary sidewalk. Pavement of the old lot being dug up. Police detail. We're finally under way!
CjbSki -- GE opens its temporary World HQ just down Farnsworth street at the end of this week

Wonder if some GE execs have decided to buy near the office and that has triggered the construction to start
whighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
cjbski
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 670
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whighlander View Post
CjbSki -- GE opens its temporary World HQ just down Farnsworth street at the end of this week

Wonder if some GE execs have decided to buy near the office and that has triggered the construction to start
Very valid question...You've gotta think some of the C-level folks that aren't buying $8MM brownstones in Back Bay (like the CEO did) may love a spot here.
cjbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:59 PM   #8
BeeLine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,429
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point



BeeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
whighlander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 6,519
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbski View Post
Very valid question...You've gotta think some of the C-level folks that aren't buying $8MM brownstones in Back Bay (like the CEO did) may love a spot here.
CjbSki -- gotta think that the coming of GE and undoubtedly members of their Keiretsu will further drive the demand for upper but not necessarily Uber housing in the extended South Boston Seaport / Innovation District / Fort Point and on into the vacant or near vacant Papas warehouse lots

My guess is that of the 800 folks ultimately going into the house that Jeff Immelt Built -- at least 500 are in the $100+ k category folks -- some with professional upper earning spouses == meaning family incomes in the $150 to $250k range

I'll bet that a good number might want to be able to walk to work
whighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #10
CSTH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,648
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whighlander View Post

My guess is that of the 800 folks ultimately going into the house that Jeff Immelt Built -- at least 500 are in the $100+ k category folks -- some with professional upper earning spouses == meaning family incomes in the $150 to $250k range

I'll bet that a good number might want to be able to walk to work
Let's stop shining GE so hard. There many white-collar employers new to the seaport with a similar salary distribution, and more employees. GE is more than a drop in the bucket, but its still just a splash in what's turning into a pretty big bucket.
CSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #11
617
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 818
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

So $150k-$250k family incomes can afford farnsworth?

I would think it would take double that.
617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:07 PM   #12
dwash59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Allston
Posts: 567
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSTH View Post
Let's stop shining GE so hard. There many white-collar employers new to the seaport with a similar salary distribution, and more employees. GE is more than a drop in the bucket, but its still just a splash in what's turning into a pretty big bucket.
+1, Goodwin Procter alone has 450+ lawyers being paid $200k+ in the Seaport. whighlander's $100k+ people got nothing on them. With associates hooking up, there's lots of couples there making $400k+ who work long hours and don't want a commute back to the suburbs.
dwash59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #13
goldenretrievers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 679
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

goldenretrievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #14
whighlander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 6,519
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwash59 View Post
+1, Goodwin Procter alone has 450+ lawyers being paid $200k+ in the Seaport. whighlander's $100k+ people got nothing on them. With associates hooking up, there's lots of couples there making $400k+ who work long hours and don't want a commute back to the suburbs.
Dwash -- I sincerely doubt that the young associates who just arrived from law School are being paid $200k

Let's just stipulate that between GE, Goodwin Procter, Vertex, PWC, etc, etc. that there are more than enough people earning sufficient sallaries to afford to live at 1 Farnsworth St. -- with more to come as the "Greater Fort Point / South Boston Seaport / Innovation District" still has a lot of development to go
whighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #15
TL2C24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whighlander View Post
Dwash -- I sincerely doubt that the young associates who just arrived from law School are being paid $200k

Let's just stipulate that between GE, Goodwin Procter, Vertex, PWC, etc, etc. that there are more than enough people earning sufficient sallaries to afford to live at 1 Farnsworth St. -- with more to come as the "Greater Fort Point / South Boston Seaport / Innovation District" still has a lot of development to go
http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/anoth...tches-cravath/

avg is 180k salary for 1st year associates
TL2C24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #16
fattony
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Davis/Ball Sq.
Posts: 1,683
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whighlander View Post
Dwash -- I sincerely doubt that the young associates who just arrived from law School are being paid $200k
Starting salary at the big firms has been $160k for a while now. As TL2C24 posted above, many are moving to $180k including GP. It only takes a couple years out of school to crack $200k.

Lest you get jealous, those people regularly put in 80 hour weeks and have a miserable time trying to take vacation. Big Law destroyed a relationship for me. Personally, I don't think the abuse they take is worth the money.
fattony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #17
TallIsGood
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 310
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Don't forget the bonus!
TallIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #18
shmessy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,242
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattony View Post
Starting salary at the big firms has been $160k for a while now. As TL2C24 posted above, many are moving to $180k including GP. It only takes a couple years out of school to crack $200k.

Lest you get jealous, those people regularly put in 80 hour weeks and have a miserable time trying to take vacation. Big Law destroyed a relationship for me. Personally, I don't think the abuse they take is worth the money.
Thanks to you and TL2C24 for actually adding factual information to the conversation.
shmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #19
BeeLine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,429
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Construction has begun.



BeeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #20
cca
Senior Member
 
cca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,326
Re: 10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

Go, go , go ... I am excited about this one.

cca
cca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fort Point statler Development Projects 635 12-10-2018 06:38 PM
General Electric HQ (Phase 1 - Necco Buildings Reno) | 244-284 A Street | Fort Point stick n move Development Projects 737 12-02-2018 11:10 AM
Expanding on the Seaport (Fort Point) stick n move Design a Better Boston 2 03-15-2016 09:32 AM
315 on A | 315 A Street | Fort Point Boston02124 Development Projects 494 04-30-2015 01:15 AM
Boston Tea Party Museum | 306 Congress Street | Fort Point BostonUrbEx Development Projects 120 12-27-2014 12:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.