archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #901
BeeLine

Re: The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Fifty foot long I beams being driven.

BeeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:33 PM   #902
stick n move

Re: The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

This is gonna be such a great addition. This tower is actually one of the best designed glass towers in Boston and its being built in the Seaport. No more boring glass boxes reputation with this and parcel m across the street along with all the buildings being built next.

The architecture has consistently gotten better and better with each building and this spot will really demonstrate this with this building standing right next to 100 pier 4. Dynamic new stand out glass tower next to old precast background building. Waterside place is another example showing how much better the architecture is getting from phase A to B.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #903
FitchburgLine

More piles

FitchburgLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #904
odurandina

Some 90,000 civilian slaves and more than 12,000 Allied prisoners died building the Burma Rail Lines. Future generations will look at this small building and ask what the fuss was all about.... to which the good people will answer: just those frauds (bought and paid for by a 90 year old hermit) trying to get their names in the paper.
odurandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #905
stellarfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
Some 90,000 civilian slaves and more than 12,000 Allied prisoners died building the Burma Rail Lines. Future generations will look at this small building and ask what the fuss was all about.... to which the good people will answer: just those frauds (bought and paid for by a 90 year old hermit) trying to get their names in the paper.
Just memorializing this post.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #906
ngb_anim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarfun View Post
Just memorializing this post.
A little help...?
I can't be the only one who has no idea what the connection is to this building.
ngb_anim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #907
kmp1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngb_anim8 View Post
A little help...?
I can't be the only one who has no idea what the connection is to this building.
He's channeling his inner rifleman to remind us for the gazillionth time of his distaste for the Conservation Law Foundation and Amos Hostetter.
kmp1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #908
HarvardP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
This is gonna be such a great addition. This tower is actually one of the best designed glass towers in Boston and its being built in the Seaport. No more boring glass boxes reputation with this and parcel m across the street along with all the buildings being built next.

The architecture has consistently gotten better and better with each building and this spot will really demonstrate this with this building standing right next to 100 pier 4. Dynamic new stand out glass tower next to old precast background building. Waterside place is another example showing how much better the architecture is getting from phase A to B.
I 100% agree, the recent slate of projects are all around better architecture - and better engagement with the streetscape. Plus I'm all for the St. Regis project spurring the Harborwalk connector.
HarvardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #909
stellarfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngb_anim8 View Post
A little help...?
There is no connection.

Construction of the Burma Railroad was featured in the award-winning movie, 'Bridge on the River Kwai".

Xenophobia might explain the most peculiar choice of the Japanese built Burma Railroad, instead of American-led engineering feats such as the building of the Panama Canal (at a cost of 5,600+ lives, though the high estimate is 28,000) or the building of the Transcontinental Railroad (at a cost of possibly 1,200 Chinese lives).

The absurd conflation is reminiscent of the often twisted logic of Rifleman, banished, but now creeping back under the aB tent.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:48 PM   #910
BeeLine

Old 06-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #911
BeeLine

Looks like they are welding two I beams end to end. Does this mean they are driving them 100 feet to bedrock (?).

Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #912
stick n move

Old 06-30-2019, 06:18 AM   #913
stellarfun

Quote:
From this latest render, the palette for this building is going to be darker and less crystalline than I expected. Subdued rather than a shimmering jewel box.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #914
stick n move

Renders are always always a bit off on glass color. That render is also at dusk. We wont know until we know.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #915
stellarfun

In an earlier time, it glistened and glimmered in the quiet darkening of the early evening.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #916
odurandina

So cool. What a transformation from a non-existent parcel, and once dead area.
odurandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #917
JANAM

Quote:
Spectacular, great that this is actually getting built in Boston.
JANAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #918
stick n move

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarfun View Post
In an earlier time, it glistened and glimmered in the quiet darkening of the early evening.
Its not built yet lol.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #919
stellarfun

Quote:
Its not built yet lol.
I got to voice my preference for material and color for a new building being designed by a starctitect. There were about a half dozen choices. I told him, 'as it is not my money, I'll go with the most expensive (which I judged to be the (rather cold white or white blue) Italian marble and real bronze alternative). And then I suggested he do a rendering with the setting sun, which I said would cast a shimmering golden sheen on the marble for the monumental effect. (The west and south facades were unobstructed.)

The color as shown on those spandrels is going to mirror the color of the harbor for much of the year.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #920
stick n move

“Foundation Prep Continues for The St. Regis Residences, Boston”
https://www.bldup.com/posts/foundati...idences-boston

Tags
residential, seaport, south boston, tower, waterfront