archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > Board Issues and Announcements

Board Issues and Announcements Member feedback, board announcements, and any tech issues. Please check regularly.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
tysmith95

Briv

Is Briv still active on this site? No new members have been approved since May.
tysmith95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
vanshnookenraggen

Re: Briv

According to the member list he hasn't been here since May. I don't know him outside the site so I don't know how to contact him. This is a shame since many new users have been hitting me up. Only he can activate them. Hope everything is ok.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #3
tysmith95

Looks like he's back!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
Jouhou

Would it be possible for him to give mods the privileges necessary to approve new members? Sounds like he might be busy.
Jouhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
lexicon506

It is BEYOND time Briv passes on the reigns of this site to someone else.

Briv, thanks for all you've done in the past but it is clear you've lost interest in running this forum. That's cool, no hard feelings. But please for the love of god give it up.

Not activating new members. Not responding to direct messages. Absent from all threads. Completely dropped the annual ArchBoston Awards with no explanation. Ignoring offers from active members to take on more responsibility.

This is ridiculous. ArchBoston needs new leadership.
lexicon506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
briv
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to briv

OK, Lex. Relax.

I'm still here. If you would like to volunteer to help with the admin of the site let me know. We can definitely use it.
briv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:24 AM   #7
lexicon506

Hallelujah! Glad that post brought you back into the light!

Again, no hard feelings, I've just been on this site for more than a decade and don't want to see it start lagging.

I know that in multiple past threads forum members have expressed interest in sharing admin responsibilities with you. I don't think I would do that great of a job myself, but let's open a call for nominations?
lexicon506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #8
tysmith95

Datadyne is the first name that comes to mind.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #9
Jouhou

Yeah, I would volunteer but there are several members here that are important members of the community that the honor would fit best on. Data is a good one.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
dshoost88

Quote:
Originally Posted by briv View Post
If you would like to volunteer to help with the admin of the site let me know. We can definitely use it.
Hi Briv,

Thank you for reaching out. As it's come up numerous times in the past, I would also throw datadyne007's hat in consideration for administrator privileges over archBoston.org. Among my observations of his expedient sharing of development/architecture-related news, professional experience, and personal character, I'm hard-pressed to think of a more appropriate person from the AB community to extend site maintenance and leadership to.

If you're able to extend 'editing' or other administrative privileges to other people, I'm happy to lend a hand in that effort. I work professionally as a regional planner and--thanks largely to ArchBoston and the BPDA--am intimately in-tune with all planning-related news happening across Greater Boston. I also run social media maintenance for a couple organizations, and it wouldn't be difficult for me to coordinate something similar for ArchBoston on Facebook. (***but seriously, with anything Twitter-related, Datadyne007 is your best resource).

Please PM me if you want to chat more, get a phone #, or for me to forward you a resume. Thanks.

-DShoost88
dshoost88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #11
fattony

^ I think Derek is a great contributor and would do a really good job with administrative responsibilities. Data too.
fattony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #12
bigpicture7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattony View Post
^ I think Derek is a great contributor and would do a really good job with administrative responsibilities. Data too.
Agree on both counts (purely from what I've seen on this site).

Also want to mention Statler as a great moderator/admin...not sure whether there's an expanded role for him/her, but I've seen Statler handle moderating duties really well / professionally / courteously

Cheers.
bigpicture7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
bobthebuilder

I vote Rifleman.

/s
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #14
tysmith95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
I vote Rifleman.

/s
RIFLEMAN EAT AN APPLE
Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #15
statler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture7 View Post
Agree on both counts (purely from what I've seen on this site).

Also want to mention Statler as a great moderator/admin...not sure whether there's an expanded role for him/her, but I've seen Statler handle moderating duties really well / professionally / courteously

Cheers.
While I appreciate the vote of confidence (thank you!), I feel like I have been falling down on the job. Real life concerns have kept me busier than I would like and, to be honest, recent events have strained my ability to remain impartial and apolitical. I try though.
statler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:19 AM   #16
Jouhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by statler View Post
While I appreciate the vote of confidence (thank you!), I feel like I have been falling down on the job. Real life concerns have kept me busier than I would like and, to be honest, recent events have strained my ability to remain impartial and apolitical. I try though.
You and vanshnookenraggen are both great, but you get bonus points for having a screen name I don't have to copy and paste to spell right.

Also, this place takes apolitical to a very difficult level these days. I work for the federal govt and not discussing politics is in the rules and people still won't shut up about politics. So there's less politics here than my supposedly apolitical workplace.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #17
vanshnookenraggen

HAHA
Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
tysmith95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouhou View Post
Also, this place takes apolitical to a very difficult level these days. I work for the federal govt and not discussing politics is in the rules and people still won't shut up about politics. So there's less politics here than my supposedly apolitical workplace.
It's the internet my friend.

Anyway I think local politics has a place on this forum. I don't think national politics does.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:30 PM   #19
SeamusMcFly

Whew.
I clicked on this link dreading an obituary or something.

Thankfully not, as I've enjoyed Briv's posts and insights since well before I actually joined.

I agree with Data and Derek as good options. Both from an activity level, to a keeping a cool head side of things. Both provide valuable information without prejudice.
SeamusMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:50 AM   #20
Jouhou

Also, I was held up for months before getting approved as a new member. This isn't anything new. Having a trickle of new people with new ideas to replace the old members who get busy and stop coming is super important for the community to stay active and stimulating.