archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > Board Issues and Announcements

Board Issues and Announcements Member feedback, board announcements, and any tech issues. Please check regularly.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:36 PM   #201
datadyne007

Re: archBOSTON Update: A New Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jass View Post
Great thanks. There was a lack of replies before, which worried me.
Apologies. I thought I had already replied to your original comment. I had not.

As a graphic designer who values accessible design, I have heard you loud and clear.
datadyne007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #202
jass

Quote:
Originally Posted by datadyne007 View Post
Apologies. I thought I had already replied to your original comment. I had not.

As a graphic designer who values accessible design, I have heard you loud and clear.
*like*

Speaking of, I assume the *like* feature is being added. Especially good for long photo posts
jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #203
stick n move

Do we really need a like button here? Ppl dont have enough of that already? Other forums I see that have them turn into just another shitshow popularity contest where people feign for likes. I enjoy this being one of the few places where its not a friggin contest or really social media at all, and its just an architecture discussion. Cant it just be that... Do we really need social media everything? If you want likes on your architecture pictures why not post them on instagram? Yea I know some people cant live without getting likes on everything they post, but dont you guys get enough of that already... woof.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #204
markhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
Do we really need a like button here? Ppl dont have enough of that already? Other forums I see that have them turn into just another shitshow popularity contest where people feign for likes. I enjoy this being one of the few places where its not a friggin contest or really social media at all, and its just an architecture discussion. Cant it just be that... Do we really need social media everything? If you want likes on your architecture pictures why not post them on instagram? Yea I know some people cant live without getting likes on everything they post, but dont you guys get enough of that already... woof.
I submit that, given the number of times I see a post with half a dozen or more very large photos quoted only to have the only added comment be "Great work!", that there's a very real use case for a Like button here.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #205
datadyne007

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhb View Post
I submit that, given the number of times I see a post with half a dozen or more very large photos quoted only to have the only added comment be "Great work!", that there's a very real use case for a Like button here.
The new forum software and integrated databases will revolutionize the way we archive and search for photos; though there is a case to have a like button for thoughtful, contemplative posts that many should see.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #206
jass

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
For photo posts, sometimes theres nothing to say, but you want to let the poster know their work is appreciated.
jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #207
etik

I'm wondering, will the "small projects" threads be broken up, or will we be able to track them individually under their own location? I understand the need to declutter the number of threads, but I'm also thinking that may not be necessary with improved forum software and (I assume) a separate project database and map functionality like UrbanToronto. It seems like every project has its own thread over there.

I prefer having every project as its own thread, as it makes things easier to find and keep track of.
etik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #208
datadyne007

Quote:
Originally Posted by etik View Post
I'm wondering, will the "small projects" threads be broken up, or will we be able to track them individually under their own location? I understand the need to declutter the number of threads, but I'm also thinking that may not be necessary with improved forum software and (I assume) a separate project database and map functionality like UrbanToronto. It seems like every project has its own thread over there.

I prefer having every project as its own thread, as it makes things easier to find and keep track of.
We've tried to enforce standards here for small projects vs large and breaking out into threads vs neighborhood threads (ie "East Boston Developments"). We will continue that on the new software and enforce it better with our larger mod team.

Ideally they will all be broken up by project so they are in the project database.