archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #801
jl326

Re: The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

I've seen some additional renders of the interiors, finishes, and amenity spaces, and I think this is going to be really nice and high quality. Just a shame that the views won't be so great.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #802
iamdjmichael

Re: The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

This should go up relatively quickly no?
iamdjmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #803
Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdjmichael View Post
This should go up relatively quickly no?
It's slated to open in 2022
Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #804
stick n move

No Seaport massing renders ever have this included so heres one for ol time sake.

“Massing” is the key word here and even that is loose
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 AM   #805
JANAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick n move View Post
No Seaport massing renders ever have this included so heres one for ol time sake.

“Massing” is the key word here and even that is loose
Wow, almost 3 years to get from that to groundbreaking. If it comes out like the model it will be well worth it!
JANAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #806
Smartiro

In those same 3 years 7 of the yellows became red and blue...
Smartiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #807
odurandina

The CLF litigated the future of mankind for 2 years & got 11 Globe feature stories over that?

Those who support the CLF's frivolous lawsuits have lost their collective minds.
odurandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #808
jl326

Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
The CLF litigated the future of mankind for 2 years & got 11 Globe feature stories over that?

Those who support the CLF's frivolous lawsuits have lost their collective minds.
*Cough* Sicilian *Cough*

The CLF is made up of a bunch of human rain delays
Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #809
JANAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl326 View Post
*Cough* Sicilian *Cough*

Nope, there's a big difference between a neighborhood advocate/activist and a privately financed 'non-profit' being used to enforce a misguided billionaire's development plans for our City.
JANAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #810
jl326

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANAM View Post
Nope, there's a big difference between a neighborhood advocate/activist and a privately financed 'non-profit' being used to enforce a misguided billionaire's development plans for our City.
I didn't mean to imply that he is part of the CLF, but that he is clearly a supporter.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #811
statler

I wonder what the price per sq foot of these developments would be if there were still pools of human feces floating around in the harbor? I wonder if it even would have worth it to build them or if they would still be abandon rail yards and parking lots.
statler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #812
bigpicture7

Quote:
Originally Posted by statler View Post
I wonder what the price per sq foot of these developments would be if there were still pools of human feces floating around in the harbor? I wonder if it even would have worth it to build them or if they would still be abandon rail yards and parking lots.
Stat, 100% with you on the criticality of environmental protection. But you know who else's $/square foot of pre-existing waterfront property benefits both from reduced floating feces AND limiting the waterfront housing supply? You know who.

Let's not pretend the CLF's benefactors are free of conflict of interest.

But, again, environmental protection is vital. It is inconvenient that we don't have a simple narrative to identify the good guys and bad guys. The world is much messier than that.
bigpicture7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #813
Scott

Quote:
I wonder too. Clearly the Seaport is successful because it is not located next to an open sewer. I believe the Big Dig and the harbor clean up are both the major factors in the Seaport's success

Edit: should have said the whole city's success, not just Seaport, and that the MWRA ratepayer, not any particular group deserves our gratitude
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #814
HalcyonEra

Quote:
Just because an organization did something great 40 years ago doesn't mean it is still doing great things today.
HalcyonEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #815
Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonEra View Post
Just because an organization did something great 40 years ago doesn't mean it is still doing great things today.
Agree completely. Clearly they've lost their way from an environmental advocacy organization which they were very good at to a NIMBY outfit doing the bidding of an aging billionaire.

Beyond time for the Feds to take a look at them. You can't threaten to sue projects with frivolous lawsuits in order to shake down developers. That's an extortion racket, not a civic minded non-profit.

Its also funny to see them getting absolutely slammed in the Glob comments section regarding the power plant project. If you can't win over that audience you're SOL!
Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #816
atlantaden

https://newbostonpost.com/2016/04/19...y-tells-judge/

A brief history of the harbor clean-up.
atlantaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #817
Suffolk 83

Who's the billionaire people are mentioning behind the CLF? I'm not familiar
Suffolk 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #818
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl326 View Post
*Cough* Sicilian *Cough*

You calling me out before I've even commented? For the record, I've been advocating for a *minimum* of 10,000 housing units on the SB Waterfront since 1997. And supported upwards of 30msf of new construction during "planning." Well documented.

While I'm generally supportive of CLF's work on the Boston waterfront, I'm no NIMBY. Just interested in land meeting potential, that's all.

But is this you, jl326?

Because it sounds like you:

What's the dictionary definition of NIMBYism?

https://www.reddit.com/user/jl326
Sicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #819
odurandina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk 83 View Post
Who's the billionaire people are mentioning behind the CLF? I'm not familiar
Amos Hostetter;

all posturing because he's in the Harbor Garage neighborhood.

And for some reason doesn't understand he'll be dead by the time the tower begins rising.

Guess he just doesn't want the Tonka Trucks digging up the site.
odurandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #820
jl326

Since you took the time to dig up posts/quotes, there should be some context there, lest there be any misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
You calling me out before I've even commented? For the record, I've been advocating for a *minimum* of 10,000 housing units on the SB Waterfront since 1997. And supported upwards of 30msf of new construction during "planning." Well documented.

While I'm generally supportive of CLF's work on the Boston waterfront, I'm no NIMBY. Just interested in land meeting potential, that's all.

But is this you, jl326?

JL326: Yes, that's me. This was in response to the question posed:
"Can we have a honest show of hands - how many homeowners here would want a low income housing project built next door to them? I know it’s easy to criticize others for not being progressive enough, but would you be any different when your own wallet is being threatened?"

And there above you have my response and opinion. I'm all for more housing. I really like the developments like Regis and Echelon going up for example. The response above was specific to a low income housing project.

Because it sounds like you:

JL326: Nice job not including the title of the thread out of the screenshot. This was a post under the Reddit thread: "Boston, make fun of your neighborhood in a sentence." It's self-depreciating humor. Go through the other posts on the thread as well.

What's the dictionary definition of NIMBYism?

https://www.reddit.com/user/jl326

JL326: You can call anyone a NIMBY for any number of reasons, it just has a negative stigma to it. One who opposes a landfill to be set next to their "backyard" is also a NIMBY, but doesn't mean that its an unreasonable opposition. You need to add context to it. Practically speaking, how would you justify CLF's long opposition to the Regis development (housing)? By saying that the development detracts from public access to the waterfront where none existed in the first place when WP and ABG were there?

Tags
residential, seaport, south boston, tower, waterfront