archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Transit and Infrastructure

Transit and Infrastructure All things T or civilly engineered within Boston Metro.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #3601
adamh8297

Re: Logan Flight Additions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
So frontier airlines just ordered 134 aircraft which will more then double their fleet over the next 10 years.

When will they come to BOS, or MHT/PVD.
They expanded into PVD bigtime this summer with a major announcement. Some routes start next spring (Carolinas)

Orlando is year-round plus seasonal Denver, New Orleans, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Miami, Minneapolis, Fort Myers and Tampa.
adamh8297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #3602
Lrfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamh8297 View Post
They expanded into PVD bigtime this summer with a major announcement. Some routes start next spring (Carolinas)

Orlando is year-round plus seasonal Denver, New Orleans, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Miami, Minneapolis, Fort Myers and Tampa.
It'll be interesting to see if they catch on at PVD. PVD did real well before Southwest and Jetblue brought LCC service to BOS. But after that it declined and I feel like a lot of new service at PVD (especially international stuff) has struggled to take hold. I'm sure some of the Norwegian routes (particularly French Caribbean as they failed at BOS too) will drop off. But hopefully Frontier sticks. PVD is an otherwise great airport.
Lrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #3603
mass88

It was only a matter of time before Frontier made their return to New England - it was a glaring hole in their route network. I was also not surprised they chose PVD. I am sure they will be successful, they seem to be able to get some traction on competitive routes out of airports with a lot more service than PVD.
mass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #3604
BosDevelop

I am surprised that Frontier doesn't at least have flights to Denver from Logan. I fly to Denver a few times a year and am always surprised by how few non-stops there are especially in the winter when lots of folks are headed there to ski. Not to mention, the flights (especially if you don't want a red eye on the return) are always expensive.
BosDevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #3605
jass

Quote:
So frontier airlines just ordered 134 aircraft which will more then double their fleet over the next 10 years.

When will they come to BOS, or MHT/PVD.
Worcester
jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #3606
BosDevelop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jass View Post
Worcester
Interesting call. I did hear a rumor recently that Worcester is close to landing another airline.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #3607
adamh8297

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosDevelop View Post
I am surprised that Frontier doesn't at least have flights to Denver from Logan. I fly to Denver a few times a year and am always surprised by how few non-stops there are especially in the winter when lots of folks are headed there to ski. Not to mention, the flights (especially if you don't want a red eye on the return) are always expensive.
There's six flights a day in dead of winter (early Feb). I don't think ski travel makes or breaks Denver flights. People also fly into Aspen, Hayden etc. as well.

United - 3
JetBlue - 2 (only 1 Saturday)
Southwest - 1 (2 on Saturday)
adamh8297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #3608
BosDevelop

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamh8297 View Post
There's six flights a day in dead of winter (early Feb). I don't think ski travel makes or breaks Denver flights. People also fly into Aspen, Hayden etc. as well.

United - 3
JetBlue - 2 (only 1 Saturday)
Southwest - 1 (2 on Saturday)
I know ski travel doesn't make our break it but when I take the flight in the winter (usually Wed/Thur or Fri and return Mon or Tue), it's obvious from boot bags, helmets, performance ski jackets, and other gear carried on board that the number of people going skiing is not insignificant (I'd guestimate 40+ passengers). As for the flight frequency, I guess I just wish there was another return flight or two mid-day. United's returns are both in the morning making it difficult to get to DEN from the mountains that morning. Then their evening one doesn't land until midnight.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #3609
CSTH

^ Southwest has a few good afternoon returns...
CSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM   #3610
DDay

Quote:
How is the AeroMexico route doing?

My dad was on it the other day and he says the flight was less than 40% full. Had a row to himself.
I took the direct Mex City to Boston flight back in August. My flight was fully booked and I did not see an empty seat. My flight was on a Wednesday, not sure if the day of the week plays a role in how full the flight is.

On a side note, I would highly recommend the AeroMexico Boston to Mexico City flight. Free tequila, new plane and a lot of English TV options. The duration was roughly 5 1/2 hours.
DDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #3611
jass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDay View Post
On a side note, I would highly recommend the AeroMexico Boston to Mexico City flight. Free tequila, new plane and a lot of English TV options. The duration was roughly 5 1/2 hours.
He usually takes AA via Dallas or Miami (he has lifetime Gold) but was very happy with the Aeromexico flight, aside from an awkward flight time. Aeromexico usually costs more than the AA route, and he doesnt have status, but he said going forward he'll probably pay the premium.

Note that the awkward flight time is due to the Mexico City airport being full, but there building a new airport which will clear that up.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #3612
tysmith95

Mexico City is the most underrated North American destination. It is my favorite North American city to visit, mainly because unlike NYC I can afford to go to the fancy restaurants and bars in Mexico City.
tysmith95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #3613
jass

Quote:
Mexico City is the most underrated North American destination. It is my favorite North American city to visit, mainly because unlike NYC I can afford to go to the fancy restaurants and bars in Mexico City.
Scary brown people

Scary brown people everywhere
Old 11-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #3614
LH421

DeltaOne finally coming to BOS-LAX:

http://news.delta.com/delta-one-serv...mestic-markets

Will operate on two of three daily frequencies from April 1, 2018.

Separately, Delta has announced that these enhanced service flights operated with DeltaOne amenities AND seating will be eligible for complimentary upgrades on day of flight, but in practice upgrades will be few and far between even for Platinum and Diamond Medallions. Of course, Delta has waffled on this policy many times so who knows in 6-12 months what the state of all this will be.
LH421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #3615
DDay

Quote:
He usually takes AA via Dallas or Miami (he has lifetime Gold) but was very happy with the Aeromexico flight, aside from an awkward flight time. Aeromexico usually costs more than the AA route, and he doesnt have status, but he said going forward he'll probably pay the premium.

Note that the awkward flight time is due to the Mexico City airport being full, but there building a new airport which will clear that up.
I booked through Delta (at work) and had an hour and a half layover at JFK (Delta to JFK and AeroMexico to Mexico City), the JFK flight got me into Mexico City around 7pm local. The flight was super nice and was on a 787 Dreamliner.

The direct flight from Mexico City to Boston was a lot more convenient than the other direction. Flight departed Mexico City at 3:30pm local and arrive in Boston at 9pm local. The plane is smaller, 737-800, but seemed pretty new.
DDay is offline   Reply With Quote