archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #221
bigpicture7

Re: Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefalarchitect View Post
From Twitter: Curtain Wall Mockups

Doesn't look too bad, though it will be interesting to see how this plays out across the whole building.
While I'm appreciative of a developer providing project updates online/in real-time, their twitter feed lately is like someone trying to describe, in step-by-step detail, the phenomenon of paint drying.

(edit: and I was someone 10-12 months ago defending how long this was taking/engineering complexity, etc. etc.)
bigpicture7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #222
jdrinboston

Re: Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture7 View Post
While I'm appreciative of a developer providing project updates online/in real-time, their twitter feed lately is like someone to describe, in step-by-step detail, the phenomenon of paint drying.

(edit: and I was someone 10-12 months ago defending how long this was taking/engineering complexity, etc. etc.)
FWIW...based on some of the Tweets they posted during the demolition process, they have a tendency to post pictures that are actually a week or two behind real time. No way of knowing for sure, but their progress might actually be further along than the feed actually indicates
jdrinboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #223
BeeLine

Still building slurry walls.

BeeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #224
stick n move

This residential alone is going to fill a major gap in the skyline, its actually pretty tall too, but then it will inevitably be overshadowed by one of hopefully the nicest towers in the city. What do you guys think the chances are of the office tower being built as its been shown? It feels like theyre committed to this iconic design, but basically every tower changes. What are the chances we get this iconic office tower as is? I know its already changed a lot to get here, but that was when they were just throwin stuff around. If this stays the same from beginning to end is that a first? 1 Dalton started off around 550’ but that was more of an rfp but since then its stayed rock solid and hasnt changed so maybe we have hope. The only change was the base of that got more detailed and the glass in person is much darker-which I like. Which also reminds me, I wonder how this office tower will look with darker glass.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote