archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Boston's Built Environment > Development Projects

Development Projects New urban and/or architectural developments in Boston metro.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #1161
BostonDrew

Re: Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

Did a quick check here and didn't see this mentioned on this thread - Del Frisco's is planning on opening 17,600 sq/ft restaurant in 888 Boylston in the 2nd half of 2018.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...khouse-in.html

I am not sure where the entrances for this restaurant will be - I think there's a small retail entrance that hasn't been occupied yet that may serve as an entrance for the restaurant.

**Note: couldn't find a clear, current picture of the fully occupied ground floor but I think where the signage for "Back Bay Prudential Center" is where the entrance for the restaurant could go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeLine View Post
[url=https://flic.kr/p/MyhN2C]

BostonDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #1162
stefalarchitect

Relatively recent picture (2 weeks?); I'd agree that's where it'll probably be going:

(BTW, walked by again around lunch (1/2 hour after this picture) and the plaza was packed, exceptional design/attraction/use of space, I'd say)
stefalarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #1163
CSTH

^ Yeah extremely pleasant surprise that this has become one of the most active public spaces in the city - like a posh / corporate version of the pit in harvard square.
CSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 AM   #1164
Justin7

Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.
"You cannot take in a whole Boston street with a single glance of the eye and then lose your interest because you have thus taken the edge off future discovery; on the contrary, every step reveals some portion of a building which you could not see before, some change in your vista, and some suggestion of pleasant variety yet to come, which not only keeps your interest alive but heightens it and persuades you to go on."
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:21 AM   #1165
atlantaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.
haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!
atlantaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #1166
mdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaden View Post
haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!
Man, I always thought he was a really humble guy.
mdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:57 PM   #1167
BosDevelop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDrew View Post
I am not sure where the entrances for this restaurant will be - I think there's a small retail entrance that hasn't been occupied yet that may serve as an entrance for the restaurant.
Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.
BosDevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #1168
cden4

I'm so glad they added tables and chairs to that plaza. That really did the trick of getting people to want to hang out there.
cden4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #1169
BostonDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosDevelop View Post
Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.
I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedeta...easeID=1035334
BostonDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #1170
BosDevelop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDrew View Post
I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedeta...easeID=1035334
very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I was a little surprised that Del Frisco's would be going into the other side of the Pru. Wonder what will go in the PF Changs.
BosDevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #1171
kz1000ps

Saturday

Old 09-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #1172
stick n move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Lol just look up if u need somethin.
stick n move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #1173
stefalarchitect

From reddit:
This suffered some damage in the storm yesterday.

stefalarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #1174
Beton Brut

Damn...I thought my eyes deceived me driving home on the Pike today.

~ Justin7
Beton Brut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #1175
datadyne007

This has happened multiple times now. With a city as windy as Boston, FXFowle needs to engineer a solution to strengthen these turbines & support structure.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #1176
JumboBuc

Vertical axis wind turbines are WAY less reliable than horizontal axis turbines. They're prone to breaking, don't generate much power, and are frequently nothing more than ineffective gimmicks.

This is one thing Whighlander was right about from the start.
JumboBuc is offline   Reply With Quote