archBOSTON.org

Go Back   archBOSTON.org > Miscellaneous > General

General Misc. topics.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
JumboBuc

Real Estate Professional & Contractor Recommendations (in real life)

I'm seriously considering putting my money where my mouth is and developing a small single-family infill property. There's a particular piece of land that I've had my eye on, and I've been in preliminary discussions with the owner about selling it.

Does anybody have a recommendation of a good real estate attorney I can talk this over with? Preferably someone experienced with the zoning and permitting process in Boston. I want a real, unbiased, professional opinion of just how likely it would be for me to get the necessary variances (because building as-of-right is pretty much impossible). I'd also need someone to put together the formal offer and legal documents if it comes to that.

Bigger picture, I thought this thread could be a place where forum members can solicit and share recommendations of real estate professionals / architects / contractors for those actually working on building projects. Let's stick to positive recommendations only.
JumboBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
TheRifleman

Re: Real Estate Professional & Contractor Recommendations (in real life)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboBuc View Post
I'm seriously considering putting my money where my mouth is and developing a small single-family infill property. There's a particular piece of land that I've had my eye on, and I've been in preliminary discussions with the owner about selling it.

Does anybody have a recommendation of a good real estate attorney I can talk this over with? Preferably someone experienced with the zoning and permitting process in Boston. I want a real, unbiased, professional opinion of just how likely it would be for me to get the necessary variances (because building as-of-right is pretty much impossible). I'd also need someone to put together the formal offer and legal documents if it comes to that.

Bigger picture, I thought this thread could be a place where forum members can solicit and share recommendations of real estate professionals / architects / contractors for those actually working on building projects. Let's stick to positive recommendations only.
Go for it----If it wasn't for people that dream like you --we wouldn't have mini McMansions in the suburbs.

You got this. Curious what town?
TheRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
dwash59

Re: Real Estate Professional & Contractor Recommendations (in real life)

My piece of advice: Watch some of the recent zoning board videos online and see what attorneys are representing complicated projects. They're probably the cream of the crop.

( https://www.cityofboston.gov/cable/video_library.asp and search "Board of Appeals" )
dwash59 is offline   Reply With Quote