View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
BosDevelop

Re: Lane Reduction on Mass Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibria View Post
As ever, the trade-off is between day work and a very long duration. Work takes the time it takes. If you can only work for a third of the 24-hour day, the project will take 3 times as long. In this case, you'd have been dealing with significant lane reductions each night for 18 months, with all the attendant noise the construction would cause. In fact, it would probably take longer because of all the wasted time getting the equipment on and off of the road each night.

Same decision MassDOT made for GC. 2 years of total shut down or 5 years of serious disruption.
why can't the eastbound lane remain open 2 hours a day from 7:00-9:00am and the westbound lane remain open for 2 hours from 4:30-6:30pm or something like that? Day work is one thing. Rush hour work is another. And I would have less of a hard time understanding this if it was a few weeks. But 6 months of closing a lane during rush hour on one of the busiest stretches of roads in New England = ill conceived. Trust me, it is going to be an absolute nightmare come the morning of September 2. I am planning on either taking the morning off or leaving for work at 5:30am.
BosDevelop is offline   Reply With Quote