View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #2128
datadyne007

Re: The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattony View Post
I think it doesn't even necessarily means that phase transition is not seamless, just that there IS a phase transition. They organized this in phases for a reason - they want the option to stop/delay if it makes sense to.

A construction project is an entity to itself, independent of the building that will stand there when construction ends. Building teams and management teams are formed and dissolved with each project. The 3 phases of this are related in that the are literally on top of each other and and will look like all one building when complete, but they aren't necessarily related programatically. The same workers, management, etc from Phase 1 may or may not work on Phase 2. Or they may. Clearly, Phase 1 - a construction project and a building in its own right - has passed a significant milestone. Cheers to them.
Just want to second this for facts sake. This is an accurate description of phasing and I'll add that phasing also has budgetary/funding implications as well. Funding can be allocated by phase or contingent upon completion of phases. As stated, phases can even have entirely different teams.

So yes, they've topped out phase I as defined by the contract, so let them eat cake (and raise a tree).