View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #3171
Cosakita18

Re: Portland, ME - New Construction Continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlander View Post
My last conversation with Mr Soley left me feeling that less than 20 floors is closer to reality if anything gets built. His main issue would be zoning which I think is limited to 135' in that footprint which might allow 12 floors max if it's hospitality related. Office use would require greater floor heights and would end up being similar to One Canal Plaza at 10 floors which I'd still take!
Tell us more about this conversation

If anything would kill this project, it's the huge influx of hotel rooms going in elsewhere. With everything under construction and in the pipeline, I can't imagine Portland has much demand left for hotel space on the peninsula. I could see a mix of office, condo and event space. I bet a penthouse overlooking the old port and the harbor would sell for a pretty penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhb View Post
and is anything happening with the final spot on the Grand Trunk station site, behind 20 Thames?
There are renderings and leasing info posted on various sites for the 7 story office building at 170 Fore St. but nothing has gone to the planning board yet.

Cosakita18 is offline   Reply With Quote