archBOSTON.org

archBOSTON.org (http://www.archboston.org/community/index.php)
-   Board Issues and Announcements (http://www.archboston.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Briv (http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5551)

tysmith95 10-16-2017 02:31 PM

Briv

Is Briv still active on this site? No new members have been approved since May.

vanshnookenraggen 10-16-2017 02:58 PM

Re: Briv

According to the member list he hasn't been here since May. I don't know him outside the site so I don't know how to contact him. This is a shame since many new users have been hitting me up. Only he can activate them. Hope everything is ok.

tysmith95 10-16-2017 06:06 PM

Looks like he's back!

Jouhou 10-20-2017 02:12 AM

Would it be possible for him to give mods the privileges necessary to approve new members? Sounds like he might be busy.

lexicon506 10-21-2017 10:33 AM

It is BEYOND time Briv passes on the reigns of this site to someone else.

Briv, thanks for all you've done in the past but it is clear you've lost interest in running this forum. That's cool, no hard feelings. But please for the love of god give it up.

Not activating new members. Not responding to direct messages. Absent from all threads. Completely dropped the annual ArchBoston Awards with no explanation. Ignoring offers from active members to take on more responsibility.

This is ridiculous. ArchBoston needs new leadership.

briv 10-21-2017 07:53 PM

OK, Lex. Relax.

I'm still here. If you would like to volunteer to help with the admin of the site let me know. We can definitely use it.

lexicon506 10-23-2017 12:24 AM

Hallelujah! Glad that post brought you back into the light!

Again, no hard feelings, I've just been on this site for more than a decade and don't want to see it start lagging.

I know that in multiple past threads forum members have expressed interest in sharing admin responsibilities with you. I don't think I would do that great of a job myself, but let's open a call for nominations?

tysmith95 10-23-2017 12:27 AM

Datadyne is the first name that comes to mind.

Jouhou 10-23-2017 12:31 AM

Yeah, I would volunteer but there are several members here that are important members of the community that the honor would fit best on. Data is a good one.

dshoost88 10-23-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briv (Post 305205)
If you would like to volunteer to help with the admin of the site let me know. We can definitely use it.

Hi Briv,

Thank you for reaching out. As it's come up numerous times in the past, I would also throw datadyne007's hat in consideration for administrator privileges over archBoston.org. Among my observations of his expedient sharing of development/architecture-related news, professional experience, and personal character, I'm hard-pressed to think of a more appropriate person from the AB community to extend site maintenance and leadership to.

If you're able to extend 'editing' or other administrative privileges to other people, I'm happy to lend a hand in that effort. I work professionally as a regional planner and--thanks largely to ArchBoston and the BPDA--am intimately in-tune with all planning-related news happening across Greater Boston. I also run social media maintenance for a couple organizations, and it wouldn't be difficult for me to coordinate something similar for ArchBoston on Facebook. (***but seriously, with anything Twitter-related, Datadyne007 is your best resource).

Please PM me if you want to chat more, get a phone #, or for me to forward you a resume. Thanks.

-DShoost88

fattony 10-23-2017 11:50 AM

^ I think Derek is a great contributor and would do a really good job with administrative responsibilities. Data too.

bigpicture7 10-23-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattony (Post 305284)
^ I think Derek is a great contributor and would do a really good job with administrative responsibilities. Data too.

Agree on both counts (purely from what I've seen on this site).

Also want to mention Statler as a great moderator/admin...not sure whether there's an expanded role for him/her, but I've seen Statler handle moderating duties really well / professionally / courteously

Cheers.

bobthebuilder 10-23-2017 03:00 PM

I vote Rifleman.

/s

tysmith95 10-23-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder (Post 305307)
I vote Rifleman.

/s

RIFLEMAN EAT AN APPLE

statler 10-23-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpicture7 (Post 305288)
Agree on both counts (purely from what I've seen on this site).

Also want to mention Statler as a great moderator/admin...not sure whether there's an expanded role for him/her, but I've seen Statler handle moderating duties really well / professionally / courteously

Cheers.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence (thank you!), I feel like I have been falling down on the job. Real life concerns have kept me busier than I would like and, to be honest, recent events have strained my ability to remain impartial and apolitical. I try though.

Jouhou 10-24-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statler (Post 305334)
While I appreciate the vote of confidence (thank you!), I feel like I have been falling down on the job. Real life concerns have kept me busier than I would like and, to be honest, recent events have strained my ability to remain impartial and apolitical. I try though.

You and vanshnookenraggen are both great, but you get bonus points for having a screen name I don't have to copy and paste to spell right.

Also, this place takes apolitical to a very difficult level these days. I work for the federal govt and not discussing politics is in the rules and people still won't shut up about politics. So there's less politics here than my supposedly apolitical workplace.

vanshnookenraggen 10-24-2017 11:10 AM

HAHA

tysmith95 10-24-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jouhou (Post 305357)
Also, this place takes apolitical to a very difficult level these days. I work for the federal govt and not discussing politics is in the rules and people still won't shut up about politics. So there's less politics here than my supposedly apolitical workplace.

It's the internet my friend.

Anyway I think local politics has a place on this forum. I don't think national politics does.

SeamusMcFly 10-24-2017 04:30 PM

Whew.
I clicked on this link dreading an obituary or something.

Thankfully not, as I've enjoyed Briv's posts and insights since well before I actually joined.

I agree with Data and Derek as good options. Both from an activity level, to a keeping a cool head side of things. Both provide valuable information without prejudice.

Jouhou 10-26-2017 01:50 AM

Also, I was held up for months before getting approved as a new member. This isn't anything new. Having a trickle of new people with new ideas to replace the old members who get busy and stop coming is super important for the community to stay active and stimulating.