archBOSTON.org

archBOSTON.org (http://www.archboston.org/community/index.php)
-   Development Projects (http://www.archboston.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike PARCEL 7, Beacon Street | Fenway (http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=1404)

kz1000ps 01-21-2009 12:08 PM

Re: Fenway Center (One Kenmore, Mass Turnpike PARCEL 7)

And I bet you 40 of those 45 extra cloudy days occur during the months from October to April. I also went to school out there (UB) and I swear you'd see the sun maybe a dozen times during the fall/winter/early spring. Screw the snow reputation, it's the wind and clouds that gnaw at you.

By the way, thanks for that link. Lots to chew on there.

vanshnookenraggen 01-21-2009 02:20 PM

If that is a new rendering then I really like it. It still has an office park feel unfortunately but the contemporary design helps. With the solar panels I don't see why they can't install more on the other roofs, but then I don't have the plans in front of me so I don't know the space requirements.

palindrome 01-21-2009 02:42 PM

is this project fully approved? I like the new renderings over the older ones.

This will be built where the gun control posters are on the mass pike, correct?

Lurker 01-21-2009 02:59 PM

No, the anti-NRA side is dedicated to five level garages for the Redsox and LMA fronted with Retail/Rental/Condos/Entertainment. The Hotel Buckminster side running alongside the Yawkey Commuter Rail Station and Beacon Street Bridge is where this project will span the Pike.

tobyjug 01-21-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanshnookenraggen (Post 68908)
If that is a new rendering then I really like it. It still has an office park feel unfortunately but the contemporary design helps. With the solar panels I don't see why they can't install more on the other roofs, but then I don't have the plans in front of me so I don't know the space requirements.

I was wondering if this is a new rendering, or if the artist was using a merciful shorthand to depict the earlier Burlington Mall drawings?

eaalkaline 01-22-2009 01:56 AM

it came from carlos zapara studio so im assuming its an updated rendering. that is definitely good news

tobyjug 01-22-2009 03:23 PM

Thanks! But I wonder... isn't it hard to see financing for all those condos? And financing for all that office space in an area of town that could hardly be called a prime office market? Hmmm...

atlrvr 01-22-2009 04:12 PM

Oh Toby, don't you know anything about marketing?

This is a dynamic project located in the heart of the highly coveted Back Bay/Fenway business district and located just steps from the iconic Prudential Center. :)

tobyjug 01-22-2009 04:31 PM

Good one!

kennedy 01-22-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker (Post 68912)
No, the anti-NRA side is dedicated to five level garages for the Redsox and LMA fronted with Retail/Rental/Condos/Entertainment...

You know, I really hope they keep the anti-NRA billboard. For one, it's very interesting. Two, it's sort of a modern-day mural. I think if there were a narrow street (alley, even) running along the back of Landsdowne, with all the back entrances of clubs, it would seem like it had been there for hundreds of years. Especially with the huge billboard.

jass 01-22-2009 10:36 PM

Have any Yawkey plans been released?

Well there be a center platform? All high level? How long?

ablarc 01-23-2009 07:09 AM

Hope they call the new station "Fenway Park."

Joe_Schmoe 01-23-2009 12:38 PM

The new rendering seems better, but that landscraper along Brookline Ave is pretty terrible. Reminds me of the communist-era building across from the Christian Science center on Mass Ave.

tmac9wr 01-23-2009 01:34 PM

I gotta say, I love that tower! It's much different than everything else that is being built in this city. Can't wait to see some NIMBYs knock it down!

BarbaricManchurian 01-23-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Schmoe (Post 69050)
The new rendering seems better, but that landscraper along Brookline Ave is pretty terrible. Reminds me of the communist-era building across from the Christian Science center on Mass Ave.

I love the commieblock next to Brookline Ave, it adds some needed density and what looks to be ground floor retail, and is also an architectural style that we haven't seen much in Boston (oddly enough, this is a style I really love). I think the the tallest tower is a twisting tower! Hope it actually will be one, since it will look good and be Boston's first.

PaulC 01-29-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

In other business today, the BRA voted in favor of Fenway Center, the $475 million project that promises creation of 1 million square feet in five buildings over the Massachusetts Turnpike in Kenmore Square. The project will also include a new $12 million Yawkey MBTA commuter rail station.
http://www.bostonherald.com/business...8&pos=breaking

vanshnookenraggen 01-30-2009 12:33 AM

Yay. Now we wait for the economy to get fixed.

kennedy 01-30-2009 08:21 AM

Awesome. When was the last time something was approved so quickly and easily with the BRA?

Lurker 01-30-2009 09:32 AM

This wasn't quick approval. Remember the original proposal, seven years ago, was for the opposite side of the Brookline Avenue Bridge alongside Lansdowne Street. The whole project spent years in relocation and redesign in negotiations with the RedSox.

underground 01-30-2009 11:01 AM

I'm not seeing any UFP scrubbers in this plan and yet still no Ned. Hmmm....