archBOSTON.org

archBOSTON.org (http://www.archboston.org/community/index.php)
-   General (http://www.archboston.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Please stop. (http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5480)

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 07:45 AM

Please stop.
 
That picture up above shows on an ariel view of the developments completely walling off the waterfront from the public for the private corporations.

Gotta love today's globe article.
Vertex CEO’s pay falls 38% to $17.4m in second straight decline
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...TcJ/story.html

Need another tax break on PRIME FRONT BOSTON OPEN SPACE PROPERTY?

They really could not plan a better platform for the public concerning the Seaport? Owe I forgot it's Menino Innovation district along with no real public access to the area but the Silverline Bus.

I have another name for it now. THE TAXPAYERS-SHAM DISTRICT--

dwash59 04-18-2017 08:17 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292567)
That picture up above shows on an ariel view of the developments completely walling off the waterfront from the public for the private corporations.

Gotta love today's globe article.
Vertex CEO’s pay falls 38% to $17.4m in second straight decline
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...TcJ/story.html

Need another tax break on PRIME FRONT BOSTON OPEN SPACE PROPERTY?

They really could not plan a better platform for the public concerning the Seaport? Owe I forgot it's Menino Innovation district along with no real public access to the area but the Silverline Bus.

I have another name for it now. THE TAXPAYERS-SHAM DISTRICT--

It is obviously worth mentioning that Vertex was forced to reduce its tax incentives and pay some money to both the state and city when it didn't meet its hiring targets. That is, $8MM of the $22MM in tax breaks were paid back.

The two Vertex buildings now generate ~$12MM in taxes for the city each year. They should generate more, but I'll discuss that on a more appropriate thread.

kmp1284 04-18-2017 08:21 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292567)
That picture up above shows on an ariel view of the developments completely walling off the waterfront from the public for the private corporations.

Gotta love today's globe article.
Vertex CEO’s pay falls 38% to $17.4m in second straight decline
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...TcJ/story.html

Need another tax break on PRIME FRONT BOSTON OPEN SPACE PROPERTY?

They really could not plan a better platform for the public concerning the Seaport? Owe I forgot it's Menino Innovation district along with no real public access to the area but the Silverline Bus.

I have another name for it now. THE TAXPAYERS-SHAM DISTRICT--

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. It's called an investment.

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 09:29 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmp1284 (Post 292572)
Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. It's called an investment.

Really.............. I bet there would be a lot of investors looking to buy Fan Pier right from the beginning for the right price and would implement their building dreams on these sites.

What has been going on with the Seaport developments have been nothing more than FRAUD & Corruption between the ex-Menino Admin and the past BRA officials along with these corporations.

The Democrats in this state gave Liberty Mutual 46 Million in tax breaks not to leave the Backbay which happened to be under 5% vacancy?
That's not an investment that is stealing from the taxpayers at this point.

kmp1284 04-18-2017 09:54 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292582)
Really.............. I bet there would be a lot of investors looking to buy Fan Pier right from the beginning for the right price and would implement their building dreams on these sites.

What has been going on with the Seaport developments have been nothing more than FRAUD & Corruption between the ex-Menino Admin and the past BRA officials along with these corporations.

The Democrats in this state gave Liberty Mutual 46 Million in tax breaks not to leave the Backbay which happened to be under 5% vacancy?
That's not an investment that is stealing from the taxpayers at this point.

Have you ever thought about moving to Mississippi or West Virginia? You'd fit in quite well. You've made it abundantly clear that you feel slighted and taken in Massachusetts.

KentXie 04-18-2017 10:28 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Remember when Rifleman went into self-impose exile and every thread didn't end up devolving into a conversation about tax? What can we do to get that back?

Suffolk 83 04-18-2017 10:56 AM

Re: Fan Pier
 
^ Ban him for the troll he is like the mods should have a long time ago

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 12:18 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KentXie (Post 292589)
Remember when Rifleman went into self-impose exile and every thread didn't end up devolving into a conversation about tax? What can we do to get that back?

The only thing I remember was rifleman taking on a bunch of backward views on society in the national politcal forum.
That type of thinking gets us fan pier developments.
8 billion dollar taxpayer gift to the corporations and developers
no rapid transit access for the public
Fan pier mostly geared for rich/upper class society
What chap 91 is supposed to prevent basically got ignored on all open space on the seaport.
The area is mostly geared for automobiles access

Basically our politicians only took away from one group of business like downtown to only enrich the developers and corporations on the seaport.
Remember BID? The proposal of the greenway tax.

Wake the fuck up

KentXie 04-18-2017 12:21 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292596)
The only thing I remember was rifleman taking on a bunch of backward views on society in the national politcal forum.
That type of thinking gets us fan pier developments.
8 billion dollar taxpayer gift to the corporations and developers
no rapid transit access for the public
Fan pier mostly geared for rich/upper class society
What chap 91 is supposed to prevent basically got ignored on all open space on the seaport.
The area is mostly geared for automobiles access

Basically our politicians only took away from one group of business like downtown to only enrich the developers and corporations on the seaport.
Remember BID? The proposal of the greenway tax.

Wake the fuck up

Man, Fan Pier sure do look nice nowadays. I'm glad us taxpayers made the investment. I even got to enjoy it and the surrounding area on a few nights.

chrisbrat 04-18-2017 12:43 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
www.achBOSTON.org -- not www.politicalrantingBOSTON.org

cut the shit and stay on the general topic

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 12:54 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KentXie (Post 292597)
Man, Fan Pier sure do look nice nowadays. I'm glad us taxpayers made the investment. I even got to enjoy it and the surrounding area on a few nights.

When Deniro fired the Cowboy manager on slots in the Movie Casino:
You didn't see the scam:
If you didn't know, you're too fuckin' dumb.
If you did know,you were in on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcZHSGyos6g



Quote:

I actually love the architecture in the Liberty Mutual Building. One of the better developments built that was molded into the backbay's character. Brilliant.
Now does that mean we should have given an insurance company that type of incentive to build in an area that is PRICELESS only 5% vacancy at the time. The democrats involved with this deal should be HUNG from a tree.

Middle-class Families cannot even afford to live in the surrounding areas in the city. But our officials are given these types of incentives to these corporations. For some reason I don't believe you study history. This is how you steal from the poor to enrich the wealthy overtime.

tysmith95 04-18-2017 02:20 PM

Re: Please stop.
 
I blame Obama

kmp1284 04-18-2017 02:42 PM

Re: Please stop.
 
^^^ Can't forget the Barr Foundation.

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 03:50 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmp1284 (Post 292587)
Have you ever thought about moving to Mississippi or West Virginia? You'd fit in quite well. You've made it abundantly clear that you feel slighted and taken in Massachusetts.


No----why would I fit in Mississippi and West Virginia quite well? You don't even know me.

Concerning mass I grew up in this state---what is concerning is the blue collared hardworking families of mass are becoming priced out of Boston. It's more geared toward a College, international along with rich upperclassmen entitled children.

There is no balance anymore


That is how seaport has evolved for the public and the Boston taxpayers

odurandina 04-18-2017 05:10 PM

Re: Please stop.
 
i just spent 5 weeks touring Alabamy, Mississippi and Louisiana.

effing blast and perfect spring weather....

lots of fantastic people of all races, colors and creeds......

and Praise God; no commies in sight.

got the all-clear signal the moment we cleared Appalachia.... :) :biggulp:

TheRifleman 04-18-2017 05:42 PM

Re: Please stop.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmp1284 (Post 292612)
^^^ Can't forget the Barr Foundation.

Your the same group bitching trump tax returns. But these billionaires who start these non-profit companies are basically avoiding to pay there fair share of taxes.

The Barr Foundation brought this on another level by stopping economic progress on a positive development for the public with money this agency does not pay taxes. I don't comply with this type of corruption.

I also believe the gates, Clinton, zuckberg foundations are nothing more than political ways to ploy their companies for the next 100 years by gaming the rules and regulations against future innovation in their sectors.

Does Clinton foundation even exist now? They were doing such great work.

KentXie 04-18-2017 10:57 PM

Re: Fan Pier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292601)
When Deniro fired the Cowboy manager on slots in the Movie Casino:
You didn't see the scam:
If you didn't know, you're too fuckin' dumb.
If you did know,you were in on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcZHSGyos6g

Whatever gets your off-topic rants out of the development threads is a win for me :)

kmp1284 04-19-2017 05:56 AM

Re: Please stop.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRifleman (Post 292633)
Your the same group bitching trump tax returns. But these billionaires who start these non-profit companies are basically avoiding to pay there fair share of taxes.

The Barr Foundation brought this on another level by stopping economic progress on a positive development for the public with money this agency does not pay taxes. I don't comply with this type of corruption.

I also believe the gates, Clinton, zuckberg foundations are nothing more than political ways to ploy their companies for the next 100 years by gaming the rules and regulations against future innovation in their sectors.

Does Clinton foundation even exist now? They were doing such great work.

As one example, Mark Zuckerberg gave $75m to San Francisco General Hospital. What the fuck do you contribute?

TheRifleman 04-19-2017 07:29 AM

Re: Please stop.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmp1284 (Post 292667)
As one example, Mark Zuckerberg gave $75m to San Francisco General Hospital. What the fuck do you contribute?

You don't know who I am ---

You want a better world --- Get rid of all the lobbyists and insurance companies and cap the amount of money you can actually sue individuals and institutions that actually have your best interest. Most Hospitals there should be a capped on malpractice lawsuits if there was an honest mistake. If a doctor goes rogue then that should be criminal charges.

But I do pay my fair share of taxes and also treat everybody with respect and not try to rip of everybody I come across like Zuckerberg.

Zuckerberg is a piece shit. Just because he gave a hospital 75 Million makes him God in your eyes. The people also gave the catholic church Billions and what did they do with our money? The pope would not even convict the child molesters.

Lot of successful people also supported/donated millions to the Jerry Sandusky foundation? What did they fucking do.

Dude wake up-- Money is the root to all evil. Society is better when their is balance when people want to help people out of good nature. Not rip off each other through tax breaks or hey I GOT MINE and I'm better than you type attitude.

KMP something tells me you are part of this system

kmp1284 04-19-2017 08:02 AM

Re: Please stop.
 
I don't need to know who you are, nor do I want to but it's apparent that you're an angry, bitter little man with a lot of bones to pick.

That was a serious question though. You accused some of the most giving and charitable people on this earth of not giving their fair share and using their charities for personal gain, so again, what do you contribute? What do you do to better the world and/or the lives of others?

If it's nothing, which I assume it is, just say you don't/can't do anything.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.